Spring 2022 Update
Dear Bayside Community Homeowners,
We are thrilled to welcome Spring 2022 – Summer is just around the corner.
We have lots of exciting Bayside Community updates to share:
We’ve launched a new resident forum to help answer questions in a quick and timely manner. We heard the feedback that a forum on social media wasn’t accessible for all residents, and we believe this will be easier for everyone to use.
Click here to see and register for the forum.
- Pool Completion
We anticipate completion of the pool at North Haven in Summer 2022. Overlooking the pool is the large pond which will have a fountain installed in the center. Additionally, sod and irrigation will be installed around the perimeter of the pond and all open common spaces in-between homes. The fountain, sod and irrigation will be installed following approval from the Sussex Conservation District for the storm water management pond which we anticipate in Spring/Summer 2022.
- Top Paving
We are also in the initial stages of preparing for top paving for the entrance road and completed sections of North Haven which we anticipate completion in 2022. Currently, you may have noticed pink markings on the curbs and sidewalks throughout North Haven which indicate areas for the concrete to be replaced/repaired. The repairs are currently ongoing and anticipated completion will be in early April. Once repairs are finalized and approved by Sussex County, additional road prep work will take place. Then finally, the top paving.
- Additional New Streetlights
We have approved three additional streetlights to be installed along the entrance road of North Haven, i.e., North Haven Drive. Delaware Electric Cooperative will complete the installation work. An installation date has yet to be provided to us, but we are hopeful for it will be completed in late Spring/Summer 2022.
- Landscape efforts have been underway with the recent completion of sod and plantings installed along Sweetwater Square and near the small pond on Sweetwater Square. Additional seeding will be completed in Spring 2022 for the open common spaces at the end of Cattail Creek Lane. Once construction is closer to completion on the West side, additional landscape will also be installed in common spaces. As summer approaches, we’ll finalize the new natural trail connection from the West side of Harbor’s Edge to the existing trail pathways currently in use.
- Clam shell parking was installed on Sweetwater Square. Also, a three-car clam shell parking area will be installed at the end of Cattail Creek Lane in Spring 2022.
- A monument has been installed on the West side of Harbor’s Edge, caddy corner from the existing monument.
- We are preparing for top paving for the completed sections of Harbor’s Edge which we anticipate completion in 2022. Currently, you may have noticed pink markings on the curbs and sidewalks throughout Harbor’s Edge which indicate areas for the concrete to be replaced/repaired. Once repairs are finalized and approved by Sussex County, additional road prep work will take place. Then finally, the top paving.
As we approach the final home sales in the community, the Welcome Center will be repurposing the building. We are in the initial stages of reviewing the best use for building. If we have ideas, please reply to this email with suggestions.
Neighbor of the Month
Thank you for all the great submissions for Buyside’s Neighbor of the Month, please continue to share deserving neighbors here.
We’re thrilled that Signatures has been recognized nationally by Golf Inc. magazine as the top new golf food & beverage facility in the country. Read more here.
We have several miscellaneous road and utility repairs per Sussex County Engineering Department in Village C, The Commons and Harbor’s Crest which we anticipate finalizing in Spring/Summer 2022. These repairs will be marginal impact to nearby homes and addressed timely to ensure minimal disruption to your daily interactions.
Please note, all development timelines are estimated schedules of completion and subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances such as inclement weather, material delays, contractor availability, governmental approval, etc. If you have questions regarding any of these development updates, please direct them to Carl M. Freeman Companies representatives via [email protected].